Sep 23, 2010

To go to class...or not go to class?!

Well today I had my first encounter with ditching... :) I really didn't want to go to my physics class...it's right in the middle of the day and I was already home AND we needed to go shopping! So...I didn't go! haha I felt a little bad at first but when we looked at what we were learning and realized we already knew everything, it just seemed sorta pointless to go.  Instead we came home and waited until the maintenance guy fixed our toilet and we went grocery shopping! Now learning from my very educated mother, we did a little bit of coupon searching before we went and it actually saved us a TON of money! We went to Wal Mart, Basha's, Fry's, and Safeway! Our refrigerator is now full of fresh food and delicious snacks that we were all out of! 
Me and Monet were talking and we realized that we feel like grown ups! It was so fun for us to make our shopping list, clip our coupons (Which Monet said she didn't think she would EVER do), and took off on our journey! It is a lot of fun and it's good practice.

Funny story. So as I'm sitting here typing this I get a text from Monet that says, "You like what you see?! ;)"  It's a little inside joke of ours and when you say it you do a little hip thrusting and bounce around! I told her that I LOVE it! She asked me where I was and I told her in my room. Two minutes later my door opens and there is Monet standing in the doorway doing her little thing! I started laughing so hard that it basically woke Breanne up! She was a little confused to say the least! Ah fun with roommates! I would not trade them for anything they are awesome! 

Tonight we had Hawaiian haystacks for dinner! Well...we only had rice, the chicken stuff and pineapple but it was still delicious! And after dinner, we still had all of these sodas from labor day weekend that we just couldn't get rid of so, today when we went shopping we bought vanilla ice cream and tonight we had root beer  floats while watching 13 going on 30. All in all it was a pretty amazing day!  I love the bonding time me and Monet get on our walks home from school too. Like today, we rode my bike down the hill....yes I said we! For the past week every time we come home from school, on the hill down from the entrance of our apartment complex, Monet pedals and I balance on the handle bars! We have it down so good! Except today she almost hit a car...but that's all! haha Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsey Lyn Smith. Ditching??? *sigh* Riding on the handlebars down a hill?? *sigh* What is a mother to do? Great job on the coupons though! Feels good, eh?

    ReplyDelete