Aug 10, 2011

Never another potty break




Yesterday I brought home my little puppy Juliet :). She is a six week old Australian shepherd, Queensland heeler mix. She is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life! She came home yesterday afternoon and spent the night hanging out with the kids and exploring a  little bit. Once bed time came along, I was set up to sleep in the living room and Jules was in the crate right next to the couch. The only problem is, little puppies can't control their bladders. This being said... there were a LOT of breaks to get up and go potty in the night. Once at about 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4...you get the drill. It was like having a new baby in the house, but this baby just whined nonstop. The kids started school today too so I had to keep her quiet all night so she didn't wake anybody up! Let's just say, it was an experience I do not look back on with fondness.  The other thing about puppies is they have SO MUCH ENERGY. Even if she didn't need to go potty, she was always screaming to get out of her kennel because she just wanted to walk around and play! It was a bit ridiculous. I love her I do, but when it came down to tonight...I couldn't do it again. I was going to go out with a couple of friends but because Jules wouldn't be quiet, I couldn't go. That was when mom had the brilliant idea to take her back to her mom for a couple more weeks. Hopefully by doing this, she will be able to control her potty times a little better and will be a little bit less of a crazy puppy! I made the quick little drive to the Hardt's and dropped her off. While I am sad that she's not here with me right now...I know that when I wake up in the morning fully rested and ready for the day, I will be glad I did. Now I can watch the video on puppy training and get ready for her return!

The financial aid lady called me today and set up a phone appointment to call me tomorrow morning at 8am. She said I should know how much financial aid I am getting by FRIDAY!!!! This is such a relieving feeling because I am so sick of being stressed out! I need time where I don't have to worry about anything but hanging out with friends and sleeping! Goodness. I also was very productive today because I got NINE missionary letters written, enveloped, and ready to send! All I need now is stamps and a couple pictures! Dude. I am so good! While writing these letters was somewhat of a grueling process, I can't wait to start getting the replies in the mail! It always makes it worth it! Now I am going to slip into the abyss of sleep I missed out on last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment