Aug 13, 2011

The Only Reason I Brought You Along

This weekend was really fun. Even though it was kinda low energy and not that much happened, it was just really nice to be so far away for a day. We got up to flag yesterday at like 2 and went to lunch with Ryan and Amanda. It was so nice to eat Freddy's again! Delicious... :) We just hung out for the rest of the day, not much but sitting on the couch, chatting, and just enjoying the quiet. We had a friend of mine over to watch psych and then we skyped my dear friend WESLEY!!!  He is back from Canada and it was sooooo exciting to talk to him! I seriously feel like he has been gone for ages but it's only been a month or so! Weird. Anyways, so we stayed up WAY too late doing that and we had to be up by 9 this morning for our pancake party we were throwing. In reality, only 4 people came and only two at a time. Super lame...last time I threw a pancake party, I had almost 20 people there. What happened?! Anyways, we had my friend Andrew pack up the car for us and we set off on our ride back! It was so funny trying to buy a ratchet for the truck bed without knowing anything about the truck! I'm sure that the guy at walmart thought I was a total idiot! We got it all figured out and we headed home. The ride home was the best part.

1. Crazy old guy walking towards our car on our way out of walmart
2. Gas light comes on in the middle of nowhere and there are no gas stations! (Last time I trust mom!!)
3. Random little gas station pops up on the side of the road! yay :) Heavently Father has got our  back
4. That gas station doesn't sell diesel! What kind of gas station doesn't sell diesel?
5. We find another gas station about a mile away.
6. I am the biggest moron ever and couldn't figure out how to work the gas!
7. 101E was closed, so we drove around through Scottsdale trying to get back on track. What the heck.
8. It only took us 4 hours to get home!!!!!!! (It is usually a 2.5 hour drive)

The funniest part of the trip was the comments that Miranda would make every now and again about the only reasons I brought her. On the way up, she figured out that I only brought her so I could drive in the HOV lane. This morning she figured out that the only reason I brought her was to clean my kitchen and to load up the truck while I talk on the phone. Stopped at the gas station I hear, "this is just one other reason why you brought me right???" hahaha  I love Miranda so so much and I am so grateful that I have a friend like her to do things like this with! We also took pictures as college super heroes, those will come later. It was a really good weekend and I can't wait to go to two farewells tomorrow! It should be a good day! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment