Aug 11, 2011

You know that friend...

So today was a day of days. There are goods and bads to what happened today but as my mom says, I have made a lot of mental progress. I got a call from the financial aid lady this morning and she told me that I am not eligible for anything but loans for this semester. This is what I was afraid of...I can't go back up to school. As soon as I got off the phone, I got online and switched to all online classes which should be a challenge for me. I had my little pity party and cried it out for a while ( a very long while ) and sat talking to mom.









You know that friend that you have, that no matter how upset, angry, or frustrated you are, all they want you to do is see the bright side of things? Mom was that friend today. I know she's right but I just didn't want to hear it! I wanted to be sad and angry but then, in trying to prove that she wasn't just showing me the happy she says, "But I gave you till Monday!!". I'm just glad the morning is over. Once I was done crying, I got on the phone with a couple of people, and started looking for jobs. I have one place I am going to put in my resume and another I am applying to be a nanny online. This was good for me to start making progress. I have been living in limbo land of what's going on and where am I going and it was really time to move on.

I went to the Merchants and listened to them practice for their show tomorrow! They are opening for Little Big Town! I am so blessed to know that family, they have been going through trials and I know that by watching them, I can grow too. It takes me back to how I felt when Joy died; there was just nothing I could do and it was hard to watch...well this time I COULD do something...I took dear McKenzie chocolate! She's the best!

I am leaving for flagstaff first thing in the morning and I am going to go get my stuff from my apartment. That was another plus for the day. I can finally settle in one place and get ready to start the semester. I am so excited to go back for a couple of days and I am taking my dear Miranda with me!!! It should be an awesome weekend! Adding to the good ending to this day, I am going to have my own little "office space" to work, Wesley gets home tomorrow, I got a little tiny email from Jarek telling me he was going to send my letter on Monday, and I have a double date on Monday with my friend Parker and McKenzie!! Even though it was a hard day, I'm glad it's over and I'm ready to head to FLAGSTAFF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsey, you have grown up so much this summer! You are a truly wonderful young lady, and I am blessed to know you. School and life will work out, just be patient! Your mom is a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete