Mar 13, 2011

Busy Weekend

The title of this post pretty much says it all! I have had so much fun in the valley this weekend! After my super fun Friday night, I went to play practice first thing Saturday morning. I got to do everyone's favorite thing...clean!! Not actually cleaning like removing dirt, but I got to clean a couple of the dances for the show.  It was really fun for me to be there again. I learned something though, you cannot make 50 kids participate in doing something they don't want to do.  It was the longest half hour of my life. All I wanted to do was to get them to all do the counts on the same word so it would look good and they just did not understand.

There were issues with the adults too...just very different ones. When someone has experience in something, they think they are always right! They have to let their opinion be heard and nobody can question it.  There were a few ladies that made it very clear that what I taught them was not right and not what they were supposed to do. What I don't understand is why Molly would send me to do something and to teach them if they weren't supposed to listen to me. That's all I want to know. A few people even left and didn't let me help them anymore. WOW. That is all I have to say on that subject.

After play practice I went and picked up Bo, and him and I went to Julia's house.  Bo missed Lainey and I needed a hair cut...BAD. It was fun to catch up.  It's awesome when you have a leader that becomes a friend. I have actually talked to her more than my mom has since the move. I love her to death and I'm so glad she has been there for me.  We went to sonic during happy hour which I decided was the best invention of all time!! The rest of the day was not all that exciting but it was enough to where I just wanted to sit down and SLEEP!

Today I went to 5 hours of church, which is the usual routine when I am down in the valley.  All of the singles ward, then 2 hours of primary. :) It's everything I love all in one day! Singles ward has gotten so much more fun since I have gotten to know people.  It is really exciting to go and have someone to sit by and have people  know who you are. I really love it. All that is left is to get my backpacks together for the hike on Thursday and hang out with the fam! I have not had Sunday dinner in heaven knows how long...I am excited :).

No comments:

Post a Comment