Mar 7, 2011

Our Generation

It has been a good couple of days! One of the best parts being, I have a new phone to use! Summer let me use her old phone until I work out my phone situation. It is just like my old touchscreen so it is a blast from the past! I never knew how dependent society was on technology! L. Tom Perry talked about how hard it is for him to adapt to our fast moving technological generation.  The Palm pilots, the blackberries, the ipads, the iphones, and now he has an ipod.   Not to mention the facebook, twitter, and youtube.  I was thinking about how I don't feel like anything has really changed. Everything feels the same to me.  I have always grown up using computers, phones, the Internet, and it's weird to think there are people who didn't.

A girl told a story in church yesterday about how her computer got a virus and how now she doesn't have it to do her homework or to work and how she was freaking out.  It is crazy to me how dependent we are.  There are classes now that are COMPLETELY online. If something happens to your computer, there is nothing you can do about it.  I am so happy that I have a working computer. 

Last night I also talked to my visiting teachers! They are so sweet. They gave me a message on how the priesthood and the Relief Society go hand in hand. The Relief Society takes all of its organization and power from the priesthood. I am so happy to have the priesthood in my life. I am hoping that I have the chance to go to the temple soon, it seems like a good time!! :) 

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment