Mar 9, 2011

HIKE!

Yesterday afternoon I got invited to go on a hike! We went to hike mt. Elden (I think that's what it's called). I was told we were going on a 2 mile hike...little did I know, the person who invited me had no idea what he was talking about! There were 5 of us: Larissa, Anderew, Jason, Tracy, and me.  We headed up the mountain and it wasn't too bad at first, just a little steep.  The hard part was when it started getting cold. Being the smart hiker that I am, I didn't bring a jacket. It was a beautiful day and I forgot it gets colder the higher up you go!

My hands were completely numb by the time we reached the top (or as far as we ended up going) and they were really fat! I looked like an oompa loompa!  It was 2.5 miles uphill, and I mean REALLY uphill, pretty much as uphill as you can get.  That's where we turned around. Going down was almost as fun as going up, seeing as we had to walk down that steep mountain, sliding on icy snow. There were a few good falls let me tell you. We made it to the bottom and headed home. This might not seem like that big of a deal, but to me, it was time to think and be with amazing people.

While I was hiking though, I was following the people in front of me and the people right behind me were follwing me. I started noticing something. Andrew went first, then me, then the others.  I was following his and watching where he stepped so I could step there and I wouldn't fall.  The others were following me doing the same thing. It really reminded me of how life works.  By being a follower of Christ, you are also being a leader. By choosing to follow someone I trusted, those that trusted me knew they would be ok. It was a really neat learning experience!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet girl of wisdom! (except the not taking a jacket part Ü)

    ReplyDelete