Mar 8, 2011

My Ward Family

Being away from home is a little bit scary at times. There isn't really anybody to turn to, all of the friends that have known you for forever are just gone, and you have to start new. I learned yesterday that there are things away from home that can act like your family. My ward is absolutely amazing.

Last night we had family home evening.  We went to a member of our bishopric's house and we played scategories. This sounds like a very simple thing, but with our small little group, it's great. Every week, no matter what we do, we always have fun.  We all get along and we always have fun. It makes me so happy. I know that no matter what, when I go to FHE, I will have fun. (Even though I miss the Bachelor)

My Relief Society president is the most amazing person ever. I know I can talk to her about everything. We go way back! She babysat me when I was little, the amazing Kourtney Garner!! Her, along with my visiting teachers, the sister missionaries, my friends, my teachers...it is a GREAT ward and I absolutely love it.

I hope that everyone can have a chance to be in an amazing ward like I am :).

No comments:

Post a Comment